Hello everyone and a very happy new year, I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and have eased into the new year nicely!
As my first post of the new year, I am bringing you guys a series of posts which will include an update every six weeks of my Laser Hair Removal with the amazing Sam McCauleys beauty salon in the Fairgreen shopping centre Carlow.
I recently had my FREE consultation done with the lovely Nikita in the salon which may I say was a treat as I was a little bit nervous, I suppose because laser is something I would never have considered before talking with the ladies in the salon and seeing the amazing results after just 6 treatments.
Read below to find out all there is to know about this mind blowing treatment available from Sam McCauleys and how I got on with my free consultation!
What is laser hair removal…
Laser hair removal is a safe, effective and commonly used treatment, providing optimal results in the removal of unwanted hair. Lasers work by delivering an intense beam of light that is absorbed by the pigment in the hair which is converted to heat effectively destroying the hair shaft, while leaving the surrounding skin unaffected.
Why I am having the treatment…
I decided to have the laser hair removal treatment done on the bottom part of my legs as I suppose it’s every girls dream not having to shave her legs! Who agrees?!
I thought that coming into the Summer time and not having to hide my lower leg, worrying about stubble if I had forgotten to shave and also a big part of my decision for the laser hair removal was to feel good about having my legs out and about.
Being a part of the ever growing fashion industry and also having my blog, I am always conjuring up new ideas, outfits, looks, and as we are approaching the Summer season it means cropped trousers, skirts, culottes and dresses which in return means hairy legs are out!
On Tuesday I had my free consultation and patch test with Nikita who is my laser hair removal specialist. The consultation went extremely well which I was delighted with.
–A consultation and patch test is required with laser hair removal to ensure you are compatible to laser.
I was brought in to one of many lovely rooms at Sam McCauleys beauty salon. Nikita explained all the information I needed to know including how the laser works, about the top rated Candela laser machine, preparation, aftercare and the FAQs which put me at ease as I didn’t know what to expect!
As part of the consultation, I had a small patch test done on one area of my leg as to see would I have any reaction (which is quite rare) to the laser itself. This consisted of having the small area cleansed and then zapped twice with the laser beam.
What I love about the Candela machine they use in Sam McCauleys is that it shoots out a blast of coolant before the laser beam, so you literally can’t feel a thing! It was done and I didn’t even realise! This feature on the Candela gives greater patient comfort and safety which in return gives greater results.
All laser hair removal consultations are completely FREE with Sam McCauleys in the Fairgreen shopping centre Carlow. You can book your free consultation via the website – http://www.sammccauleys.com and go to the ‘Beauty Salon Bookings’ section or call in store at the Fairgreen shopping centre Carlow.
My treatment plan…
To achieve maximum and completely satisfactory results with laser hair removal it is advised to have a total of six treatments. I will be having the six treatments done with a six week gap between each treatment.
I will then have a review which will determine if I need another one or two treatments within a year to target any areas on the leg which are coarser than others. (This may not be needed)
When with your therapist, you can discuss cost along with a payment plan that suits you which is another fantastic plus to having laser done with Sam McCauleys.
For my complete six treatments the total cost is €585 which isn’t a lot when you consider having hair free legs forever! I have also worked with the girls and we have drawn up payment plan which makes life so much easier.
- Are laser treatments safe? Yes, laser treatments have been used for many years for a variety of medical and cosmetic procedures. Candela, the most trusted name in the industry, has pioneered the development of some of the safest and most effective technologies and products available on the market today.
- What will my treatment be like? You and your therapist will wear safety glasses to protect your eyes during the procedure. The therapist will use a small hand piece that touches your skin to deliver the light. You will feel a light spray of coolant on your skin before each laser pulse.
- How long will my treatment take and how many treatments will I need? Every treatment, like every client is unique. Consult your therapist to decide what is the best for you based on your needs and expectations. A minimum of 6 treatments is generally recommended depending on the area to be treated.
- What precautions should I take before or after my treatment? In general, avoid sun exposure for 2-4 weeks before treatment and again after treatment until your therapist allows it. Care should be taken in the first few days following your treatment. Avoid scrubbing and rinsing the treated area with abrasive skin cleanser. Consult your therapist for specific precautions that relate to your individualised treatment plan.
- Are there any adverse side-effects to laser treatments? Most procedures have a low risk of adverse side effects. Some patients experience pigment changes in the skin colour. If this occurs, the skin will typically return to normal pigmentation over time. All treatment results are individual.
- Is my laser treatment covered by my medical insurance? Most insurance companies do not offer reimbursement for cosmetic procedures. However, consult your therapist for more information.
- What is the next step? The first step is a FREE consultation and patch test to ensure that you are compatible to laser. Cost discussion and a payment plan will be organised for you at Sam McCauleys.
So guys and gals I hope you have found this post interesting and educational on the laser hair removal front. Don’t forget if you are in anyway interested in having laser hair removal done, don’t hesitate to book in your FREE consultation!